Sunday, November 8, 2009

Black Widow



Yes, this is a picture of a black widow spider on a girl. It's actually a tattoo, but I wanted you to understand how I felt with this entry.

I had a horribly scary experience the other night. I had brought a box of sweaters in from the garage. I was trying them on since I hadn't worn them last year because I was pregnant. I wanted to make sure they fit. When I put about the sixth sweater on I looked in the mirror and saw a giant black widow on my neck. It completely terrified me and I screamed and tried to brush it off. It took me a couple of swipes to throw it onto the floor. It started running toward me so I grabbed a shoe to smash it.

I was shaking for about ten minutes. It really scared me. I am blessed, though, since it didn't bite me. Now, I am much more careful about bringing in clothes that had been in storage.

Picture from http://www.toupeiratoupeiro.es/blog/arte/tatuajes-2/

7 comments:

Patty said...

Oh my goodness!! That's horrible! I get the heebie-jeebies just reading that! Thank goodness you weren't bit!

Amelia Brame said...

Oh gross! I hate spiders! I think I probably would have had a heart attack right there! I'm glad you're ok

Ratliffs said...

Oh my goodness!! I hate black widows!! We have tupperwares for our clothes, and they don't get in there, if you were looking to switch! :) The scariest thing about them is that they freakin charge you!! I had that happen once...I was spraying the thing with bug spray (RAID) and the thing just kept on coming!

Ratliffs said...

Darn it! Now there's a spider on me..I swear I can feel it! ;)

Karen (McCown) Young said...

I absolutely hate spiders - so happy you're OK and the widow is dead. (No pun intended) What a creepy tatoo to put on someone...
One time Troy left for home teaching and 5 minutes later I found a huge wolf spider on the wall by our bed. I immediately called him and told him to get home NOW. It felt like I stared at that thing for an hour till he returned.

Anni Winings said...

The picture is bad enough. I can't believe it was a real one. I am so glad you didn't get bitten. I hate spiders.

Rebekah said...

Oh my! That made my skin crawl just read about it. I HATE spiders. Little baby ones I am fine with as long as they aren't poisonous but....ugghh. Seriously that's scary.