Sunday, March 28, 2010

Potty Training . . . is [Finally] Complete

After almost a year-long process of potty training, I am thrilled to announce that Annalee has finally decided to use the toilet.

She has known has to for quite a while. She just wasn't interested in doing it. We had tried everything: prizes, awards, punishments, hourly reminders, reminders every half an hour, goals, etc. Nothing worked. She just hadn't decided she wanted to.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I got to the point where we were out of diapers for her and I just didn't want to buy any more. I was done. I told her and she simply said, "Ok, I'll wear panties now."

That was it!!??!! I only had to stop buying diapers and she would be potty trained!!??!! I silently kicked myself for a week about that one, but at least it is done. She has done really well, too. Only a couple of accidents each week, and only one in the last few weeks at night.

I am just so grateful that it is done -- even if it took a year!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love hearing success stories!! I am hoping to be telling my own soon. I will be starting potty training with Shelby very soon. Congrats to you and to Annalee!!

Bri said...

Horay for Anni! We will be comming out for a visit April 9-11. We hope to see you then.