Sunday, January 26, 2014

Family Picture/Christmas Letter

We had our family pictures taken by a sweet lady in our ward. I thought I would at least write some of our family's happenings in 2013 since we did not get around to sending out a Christmas letter.

Violatte  turned eight this past year and was baptized by her dad in April.  She had the opportunity to bear her testimony in Primary about her baptism and she also born one in a Fast and Testimony Sacrament meeting. She has a powerful, sweet testimony, especially of baptism.  Violatte is in the third grade, and has such a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Thompson.  She is excelling in all of her work.  She is also taking ballet and piano lessons, and enjoys both.

Annalee is now 7 (as of January 1, 2014).  She is still as beautiful as always.  She has lost many teeth and looks forward to her visits from the tooth fairy.  Annee is in the first grade and also has a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Hogg.  Annalee LOVES her ballet class and has the heart of a dancer!  She is learning to read better every day and especially enjoys reading to her little brother. 

Luke is 4 now.  He is such an energetic little boy!  He loves to tell stories, and makes up some incredibly fantastic adventures that he shares with us!  Luke is in a Montessori preschool and enjoys it for the most part.  His favorite thing at school are the gymnastics classes and playing outside.  He is very looking forward to going to Kindergarten.  He is learning to read, and improving quite a bit.

Jimmy has been very busy working at his job as well as serving on the city council.  He enjoys it for the most part.  And, I just have to add that I am very proud of him.  He stands up for things that he feels are right, even if he stands alone.  He is a good man, and I am grateful for the service he gives, even if it is difficult.  Jim has been learning the guitar, and has gotten good at it.  I love to hear him play!  Probably the most exciting thing for Jim this year was that he got to go on a glider ride for his birthday gift.  He absolutely enjoyed that, and now has an even greater desire to fly.

As for me, I've been keeping busy with lots of things. (Probably a few too many things.) I am on the board of the United Way.  I am also the PTO treasurer at the school (which has been an insanely busy job.)  I am also on the board of the Ridgecrest Opera Guild and a performer with them.  Singing has become my new passion.  I have been so blessed to have quite a few performance opportunities with different groups.  I have an amazing teacher who is helping me improve in leaps and bounds.  I have not written much for the newspaper, but I am hoping that I can increase my writing this coming year.

We hope you are all doing well.  We love and miss each of you and would love to hear from you.  If you ever are in Southern California, let us know. We'd love to meet up and see you!
May God bless you,
The Sanders family

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

It's nice to see an updated picture of all of you! Those kids have grown So much! Hope you guys have a wonderful 2014!