Sunday, May 31, 2009

Toddler Whys


1. Why is it that I can spend two years teaching table manners and after one week of preschool she has forgotten it all?

2. Why does a toddler who is so tired have a tantrum for 3 hours?

3. Why don't toddlers want naps when I would love to have one?

4. Why does a toddler repeat herself over . . . and over . . . and over . . . and how in the world does she not annoy herself?

5. Why do toddlers like to carry a pile of things around the house?

6. Why are toddlers so obsessed about things . . . like princesses or ponies?

7. Why do toddlers know the word "no" and can't seem to learn how to say the word "yes?"

8. Why are toddlers so cute one minute and the next minute they make you want to pull out your hair?

9. Why do toddlers like to have the same story read to them over a million times until you can quote it from memory? (Annalee's current favorite story begins "Tom lost a tooth, Jim lost a tooth, Bob and Bill lost a tooth on the very same day. Everyone in Kara's class lost a tooth -- everyone except Kara.")

10. Why do toddlers make friends so easy . . . or rather, why can't adults make friends that easy? We could all go play pretend and be friends and life would be SO GOOD!

11. Why can toddlers sense when I am frustrated and just when I answer "WHAT?" for the five-hundredth time do they decide to say in the sweetest voice, "I love you, Momma."

12. Why is a toddler so much more creative than I am? I should have had more practice!

13. Why are toddlers so good at sensing when someone needs a hug?

14. Why do toddlers love the one movie that is the most annoying movie we have in the house?

15. Why do toddlers ask the hardest questions about life and death and people?

16. Why (on a good day) can toddlers laugh for ten minutes longer than an adult about one thing?

17. Why do toddlers insist on doing things by themself that they can't do?

18. Why do toddlers love the most unhealthy foods?

19. Why can toddlers have the power to break things labeled "unbreakable."

20. Why do toddlers have to be so stubborn!

8 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I hear you...I am a firm believer that 3 year olds are worse than 2 year olds.!

Ratliffs said...

I love your posts like this! You seem to be able to put into words what I can't. :-) And I love how this one came after your nice one! Too funny!

Melissa said...

Good Questions! Let me know when you get the answers:)

kami said...

I'd love to read your post when you've answered all those questions. It would be very helpful to a lot of us moms. Ahhh...toddlers are great!

Lacey said...

Aren't these all rhetorical questions? :) Great, humorous post! I enjoyed it!

Chelsi said...

THis post made me laugh. Oh the days of being a mom....can't wait to see how I handle that.

Bri said...

AMEN!!!

Lynette said...

HAHA! I really liked this post. I was totally just thinking about how crazy it is that kids can make friends so easily but adults can't. I was thinking how adults just get so set in their ways and when someone else isn't that way...it's not as fun to talk to them. :)