Sunday, May 17, 2009

Luke


When I took Luke to his appointment last week these were his statistics:
Length: 24 1/2 inches long (50th percentile)
Weight: 11 pounds 4 ounces (25th percentile)
He is a really tall, thin little guy.

At his appointment they saw something that they thought was a hernia. Our pediatrician referred us to a pediatric surgeon because the only way to fix something like that is surgery. We were really worried about it.
So, the kids and I traveled the two and a half hours to Loma Linda and saw the doctor. The doctor told us that he doesn't have a hernia (thankfully) but just that he has a large hydrocele which should go away on its own within the next year.

Luke is the happiest little guy! He talks so much and he has the cutest smiles! He always seems to be smiling! The girls love talking to him. We sure love having him as part of our family!

This is a video of him eating some ice cream. It was funny to us because his reaction to it was so delayed. But, he loved it!



It's hard to get good pictures of him smiling because he is fascinated with the camera and just stares at it intently. This isn't the best picture of me, but we were lucky enough to catch him smiling and his smile is so cute in it I had to post it.

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

He is really cute! I want to hold him!!! :-)

Heidi said...

I had to laugh when I read your little guys stats. I just took my little guy to his 4 month check up and he was 16 lbs. 6.5 oz! My kid is a beast compared to yours.

Rana said...

Luke is so cute in his bow tie and darling ice cream smile! I Love the story about Mermaids and dancing, sounds like your children are having a magical childhood! Good For You!

Caz mom's Caz haz said...

way too cute, in this picture you look like your really enjoying mommy hood