Thursday, July 16, 2009

Earthquake

I experienced my first earthquake a few days ago and I thought I should write about it. It was pretty small, but definitely memorable for me since it was the first one I had ever noticed. It felt to me like a mini roller-coaster ride. (And for those of you who know me well, I hate roller-coasters!) It felt like a little up-down motion. At least that's how I can best describe it. My stomach rolled and my heart beat fast for quite a few minutes. Crazy! I never knew such a little thing would have such an affect on me.

2 comments:

sweetpea#1 said...

My first one was when I was in 6th grade and it made me nervous. My second was when I was 21 and living in Japan and it woke me up at 3 in the morning and scared me to death! Then I got used to them because they happen there constantly.

Williams Family Dirt said...

I will never forget the Northridge earthquake in 199? (I don't remember the year). We lived a few hours north in Bakersfield, we all woke up in the middle of the night we felt it and the aftershocks for a few days. My grandparents lived right there, and we couldn't get a hold of them for a few days, it was a pretty scary one.
I would take an earthquake over a flood, hurricane, tornado, wildfire, etc. anyday!! At least they don't have a season, right?