Thursday, November 3, 2011

Ethiopia (Post 2)

Here are a few more pictures of our trip to Africa.
We spent some time with a company called Morrell Agro Industries. I absolutely love the people!!! I really miss them too. The company has a guest house behind the office building so we got to see that and meet more people. These pictures are from that. (I wish I had gotten pictures of the other people we talked to!)

This picture is of Nati and Ronelle. Nati was our tour guide/interpreter. He was fantastic! He helped us so much. We really miss him! Ronelle is a friend from my ward that went with us on the trip.


This is Gemina and I. She is such a cute and funny girl! She takes care of the guest house. We got to spend some time with her in Shashamene and Awassa too. She is so sweet.


This is the gardner for the guest house. He was so kind and he made me laugh. In this picture he is cutting the grass with some shears. It was a big job. I asked him about a plant I saw and he told me it saw sugar cane. Then, he ran and got a knife and cut some down so we could try it.


Here is Jim eating the sugar cane. It was really good! You just chew it and get all the juice then spit it out. I really loved it!


All of us forengi got the sugar cane stuck in our teeth or couldn't tear it, but Nati was a pro at eating it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sugar cane is so yummy, and does stick in your teeth. Its wonderful how you met some wonderful people. I have heard of many great things about how nice and polite the people are there. One day I hope my husband and I can do some travelling around the world.