Monday, September 29, 2008

Mary Kay Lessons

I learned a lot of things this week through my business. I learned a lot about working with people as well as working as a part of the Community. I just wanted to share a little of what I learned. Mostly, just so I can remember it.

This past week I was able to have a booth at a big community event. I met so many wonderful people there! I had such a good time getting to know the people of the community and learning more about them. There were so many fun personalities and so many sweet and caring people that I was able to meet.

The thing that surprised me the most was how people showed so much gratitude for my co-worker and I being friendly and kind. I never realized that it meant so much to people, but the amount of times that we were thanked and shown appreciation really surprised me. I think it surprised me for two reasons. First, because it seemed that it was a rarety for them to be treated that way, and second because it meant so much to everybody.

Another thing I learned is that even if I feel like I am a small business and not many people know me, I do still have so much support from the community and the people. It gave me courage knowing that. It has helped me already to have the confidence I need to continue working my business by the Golden Rule. I am so incredibly grateful for a wonderful community full of wonerful people who support me and my family.

I am so impressed by the thoughfulness of people, also. A picture of my co-worker and I ended up on the front page of the newspaper. I had customers and friends calling me to tell me about it and I even had one customer cut out the clipping and give it to me when I dropped off an order to her. The people here really inspire me and help me be a better person. It has given me so much more motivation to give back to them.

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

I love ya and think you're awesome!!! -your co-worker ;D