Sunday, November 23, 2008

Me 'n' My Quirkiness

I was tagged by Chelsi to write about some quirky things -- I hope you all enjoy and have your good laugh for the day. I didn't realize how quirky I was until I asked Jim for some ideas to put down. It was hard limiting it to only six!

6 Quirks About Yourself

1. I have an organizing fettish. I love labels and binders and folders and everything that deals with organizing! I like to see how many things I can label to make it "easier for me." I also love to have "systems" in place for everything I do. I have a Daily Organizational Worksheet that I fill out every night for the next day so that I know what I need to get done. However, as organized as I like to be -- I lose my keys almost every single day. Ok, really? How do I do this? You'd think with all the labels . . .

2. I like to make faces with my food. I am a pro at make funny faces out of mashed potatoes and rice and milk in my cereal bowl. However, my creativity only comes out when I get bored at the table (which happens fairly often since I eat as fast as a dog and then wait for everyone else to finish.)

3. I have a hard time cooking for less than 10 people. I grew up in a big family so when I cooked -- I cooked big time! Then, when Jim and I got married I had a really hard time cooking for just two and we ended up having leftovers for the same meal for two weeks. Thankfully, I am doing a little better with this one -- although I have to admit it takes a lot of concentration for me to cook smaller amounts -- a lot!

4. I save plastic grocery bags and cardboard boxes. I'm not near as bad asI was when we were first married, though. I keep the grocery bags to use as garbage bags in the bathroom trash cans. I kept the boxes because we moved every 9 months. I just found out that Jim would secretly throw away one or two boxes a week because it drove him crazy. (Hee hee, gotta love our quirks.) Thankfully, I am doing much better at this. (Although I think we might want to take some grocery bags to the recycle box at the grocery store tomorrow.) :)

5. I am terrible at house cleaning. No, really. I am terrible! I've just learned that I need to accept it so that I don't always keep apologizing when somebody comes over. I don't mind doing it that much -- except that I can't ever seem to get it as clean as I would like so I get discouraged. I do think I'm learning though, so hopefully when I am 90 I can have a good clean house.

6. I cannot stand having less than a year's supply of toilet paper in the house at any one time. Ok, maybe not that much, but I have this thing about not having extra toilet paper around in case something happens. I guess that's what comes from living in Idaho, half an hour away from town, when you can easily get snowed in and not see the roof of your car for a month. There's just comfort in knowing that there is toilet paper in the house.

Ok, so that's enough about me. I want to hear about you all now. I tag Aimee, Cynthia, Aunt Denise, LaNae, Kihana, and Melissa C

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Heehee...you're crazy!!! But I love ya! :D I did something like this a few posts ago...it was a little different though. :D

Rana said...

Ha! I loved the funny comment about toilet paper, there's not much you can do when you are all out except use... used toilet paper? Yuck! I don't blame you at all for wanting a huge supply of that stuff around, aren't you glad you don't live in Idaho now! if you're prepared it's always better. :D I sleep better at night knowing I don't have to use a cold baby wipe.
Potty training for Annalee already! WOW! That would be a great thing now wouldn't it! Dressing themselves, independence, it's wonderful when getting ready for church doesn't take half as long. Sounds like she's as independent as you are Celese! :D

Chelsi said...

And I always thought you were so normal....ha, thanks for completing the tag. Fun to get to know some of your quirks!

Ratliffs said...

I love how Jim was throwing things out behind your back! Trevor would never do that....maybe he would! I should go check out my 'collections' to make sure! :D