Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby Appointment Today


Today I went in for a checkup for my pregnancy. I've had this fear lately that I am having twins for a couple of different reasons. First of all, at work I constantly get asked when I am due. When I reply that it is in February the most common response is, "Are you having twins?"
Then, yesterday, one of my co-workers (who writes stories) informed me that she had named a character after me and the character is pregnant with twins.

On top of all of that, I have to say that I feel so huge! I think the stretchmarks are going to kick in soon because I think I am about to my limit of how big my body can let me get without showing the stress of it.

Well, at my doctor's appointment today he assured me that I am just the right size for one baby. In fact, I'm one inch smaller than the average size for how far along I am. I have gained 24 pounds, so that's good, also (even though the weight the scale says is so depressing to me.) The heartbeat of the baby is at a good level and he is very active and healthy

The only problem the doctor mentioned is that I am slightly anemic so I need to take some iron supplements, but other than that everything seems well.

3 comments:

Ratliffs said...

So glad to hear that that little guy is doing good! Don't listen to a thing people say...People really don't think at all before they open their mouths. You look great and you're having a healthy, sure to be cute little boy. What could be better?

Misty said...

Wayyyyy Fun...A boy...they are lots of fun...It was great seeing you this past summer! Are u going to Amelia's wedding?

M&EMS said...

Congrats with being so healthy!