Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jimmy!


Today is Jim's birthday. I love it when it is his birthday because it is one of the days of the year that I can show how important he is to me and I can do special things for him. We celebrated with a big dinner last night since I have to work today. I made his favorite meal -- a special enchilada that his mom made. Then, we had an ice cream cake. (Another of his favorite things.) The only problem was that the cake was little and it had oreo cookies and frosting on the outside so I had to fit all the candles in the middle. They were all so close together that they started to light each other after I had lit only a few of them. The picture shows the result of all the candles being on fire at the same time. (Plus, the fire added a little bit of a smoky taste to the oreos.) If you look closely you can see that the height of the fire is about ten times the height of the candles.
I am so grateful for Jimmy in my life. He is a wonderful husband and father. We've been through a lot and I am so happy that I've got to go through it with him. I am so happy with him and I couldn't ask for more in an eternal companion. I love you, Jimmy. Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Crazy!!!!!!!!! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Rana said...

You two totally love eacheother and it shows, do toasted Oreo's taste good? :D

Celese said...

Toasted oreos aren't too bad. I prefer toasted marshmallows, though. :)

Chelsi said...

This is such a sweet post...I love that we have the privilege to spend all of eternity with these amazing men. I am happy for you...and I am happy that Jim's cake didn't catch your whole house on fire!

Loughmiller's said...

That cracks me up! I have never seen flames that big on a cake. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Ruby (Stormlight) said...

hey Celese, it's K from work....you told me to check this entry out. ROFL @ giant flame!! good for Jim for being a good sport and eating the Oreos flambe anyway. more reason to love the guy right? ;)

-- K

Bri said...

wow,
We'll have to try the candle thing. Any guy would love that.