Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas! It was so much fun and I loved being able to spend the whole day with my family. We started out the morning opening up our stockings from Santa. Violatte knew just what to do and with a little help, Annalee figured it out.
I love this picture. Very typical of morning hair for Annalee. And she is so cute and happy!

After opening our stockings we made a yummy breakfast of bacon, sausage, juice, scrambled eggs, and toaster strudel. The girls ate hardly anything because they were so excited.
In our families growing up, both Jim and I remember sheets hung up to hide the presents. So, we have made it a tradition in our family. Here are the girls going through it. Annee was thrilled!
Somebody gave us this little climb and slide. The girls had so much fun! They went up and down it all morning.
My slippers have had to be retired so Jim got me some. Yeah! They are so soft too! I absolutely love them.
The girls enjoyed the presents. Violatte liked opening them and Annalee liked playing with them.
Jim even enjoyed the kids' toys. They got some fun toys that are tools.
Violatte's gift to Annalee was a little piggy bank that Annee can put pieces in and it plays music and counts and does all sorts of fun stuff.
Violatte's favorite present was this princes dress from her Great Grandparents. She wore it all day Christmas and all day the day after.
After watching the movie "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" from the girls' Grandpa and Grandma Sanders we took made gingerbread men (and girls) and decorated them. Jim did this growing up and I love the tradition. And . . . they actually turned out good this year!!!! It is the first year ever!
Here is Annalee with her finished Gingerbread Girl.
Here is Violatte with her Gingerbread Girl.
Jim made a Yoda for his Gingerbread men. I think it turned out amazing! He's so creative!
And here is my handsome man with his Gingerbread Yoda. What a fun Christmas!

1 comment:

Bri said...

How fun. Violatte looks SO big and Beautiful in her Snow White costume. It really makes her look like a big kid. And I loved Annee's Morning Hair. You've told me that she gets crazy bed head, but I couldn't picture it because her hair always looks so straight.