Tuesday, October 28, 2008

24 Weeks


Here is my 24 week picture. The baby is still really high. I've gotten to the stage where I am really uncomfortable. This little guy is in my ribs all the time and incredibly wiggly. I can tell he is getting bigger and stronger by the day. The kicks are stronger and he definitely has less room. It's good to know he is still healthy.

The other day, when I was at the doctor's office, he said to me, "You are 22 weeks along so that means that you only have 17 weeks and 5 days left!" The crazy thing was that he was serious and congratulatory. I thought he was joking -- seriously -- 18 weeks is forever! But, now we are down to 16 weeks left (and counting).

It's funny to hear some of the comments people say to me. Some people try to be nice and say things like, "I never would have guessed you were pregnant." . . . yeah right! Or there are those people who are actually honest, "You're huge! I mean, you are really, really huge!" There is never an end to the fun things people say.

Annalee and Violatte are really excited about this baby. They say the cutest things to me. Annalee loves to pat the belly and tells everybody that her mommy is going to have a baby. Violatte always tells me that my big baby belly is so pretty. My girls sure make me feel good. It's exciting to see all the changes and know that we are preparing for a new little son to join our home.

6 comments:

Chelsi said...

Celese I think you look super cute pregnant! We are excited for you.

Shalee said...

Okay, so I am blog stalking you....saw your name on Chelsi's blog and am taking a peek! :) It is super fun to see you and congrats on the baby!!

Bri said...

big or little, you're adorable!

Ratliffs said...

I could only imagine what was going through your head on Saturday when that lady said she couldn't even tell you were pregnant! Too funny!

I'm just jealous because you actually look pregnant! I wish I could look as pregnant as you do... :( No one can tell I'm expecting until I'm almost done! O'well....At least its better on my back that way!

Cynthia said...

You look great! People say things crazy to me too when I am pregnant. The worst was from an old debater I had judged. I saw her when I was working at Melaleuca, and she noticed that my belly button stuck out. (Always, by wk 20) and as I was walking past she stuck her arm out with finger extended and poked my belly button. She then said "Pop, you're done." Luckily my sister was there to push me along or that poor girl might have lost that finger. THat was the worst but I pretty regurlarly hear, Are you sure it's not twins?

Rana said...

Your are so beautiful Celese! It's amazing how great you Look! Your family is growing and your girls are so beautiful! I am so glad you are going to have such a sweet little boy, I am sure he's to be sweet, he has you and your husband, how could he not be!