Sunday, October 5, 2008

Beautifying our Yard

We spent a lot of time on Friday working in our yard. The weather felt wonderful and we spent quite a few hours outside as a family. We all loved it, including the girls.

This little palm tree was planted in our front patio area.
We planted this palm tree in our backyard. It is so cute! You can see how small it is compared to the girls. Violatte was especially proud of this tree because she had her little shovel and was helping her Daddy plant it. She was such a big help.

My favorite project was our garden. I love having a garden and I have missed having one for the last couple of years. This is our little garden. On Friday we planted carrots (Violatte's favorite), tomatoes (Jim's favorite), and peas (my favorite). Violatte is soooo excited for her carrots to grow. She can't wait to see them. On Monday we are going to plant some peppers and tomatoes. It's so wonderful to have a garden again. The girls helped so much moving bricks and planting the seeds and watering. I love doing yard work as a family.

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

Too cute!! I can't wait until we get our garden in! Good job guys!