Monday, October 27, 2008

Update on My Poor Girls

So, I was able to get a doctor's appointment today for my girls. The doctor said that it could be either allergies or a nasty virus since they've had it for two and a half weeks. She recommended that I try some children's Claritin for the next few days and see if that helps. She suggested that I go with Claritin so it wouldn't make them drowsy. When I asked what would make them drowsy she just kind of stared at me. (Hmmm . . she must never have had sick kids of her own.) Then, if the Clairitn doesn't work, I have a prescription that I can fill for some antibiotics. They seem to be doing better tonight already. They are still fairly congested, but so much happier. Hopefully it'll just get better from here.

1 comment:

Bri said...

ya,
Gwen had a constant runny nose. The Dr. told me to give her allergy medicine until she got better, then after I stopped giving her the medicine it came back. I gave her the medicine again and now 2 weeks later she seems fine. I think it was just allergies. I won't risk discontinuing the medication until this allergy season is over. Good luck, I hope the girls get better!