Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Officially Annoying

My children have made me annoying. I don't mean in just one way or even two, but I am now annoying on so many levels!

The worst one is how repetitive I have become. I don't think I can say anything just once anymore. It now sounds more like, "Don't hit your sister. Don't hit your sister. Don't hit your sister!!!!!"

I've also gotten a stutter, it seems: "Don't, Sto-, wait, sto-, leave, don't touch, . . . stop!"

Plus, I think my brain cells are fried enough I can't even get the names right. I always saw my mom do it and I said I would never call my children by the wrong names -- and now she laughs. I even mix in names of my siblings every now and then: "Annicka, Elli, Violatte, I mean . . . Annalee!"

Then, who can forget the phrases that I can say in my sleep because I use them so incredibly often:
"Chew with your mouth closed."
"Be nice to your sister."
"No, it is not snack time yet."
"Say please."
"Be happy with the plate you have."
"Don't whine."
"Stop playing and get back in bed."
"Do you need a timeout?"
"Mommy needs a timeout!!!"

So, as bad as it is to be annoying, I've come to the conclusion that it is one of the requirements to being a mom -- and definitely one of the requirements that I have perfected!

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Too funny! If its any consolation, you're not annoying out of the house(or when you're away from the kids)! :D

sweetpea#1 said...

Oh my goodness, that is HILARIOUS and I must be annoying too! I was laughing so hard just reading and having my own memories and routines playing in my head LOL.

Ratliffs said...

After going through the morning with the boys, I think I need to become a member of the annoying mommy club! And the mean mommy one too... :D

Bri said...

AMEN!!!