Monday, October 27, 2008

My Poor Girls

These last two or three weeks Violatte and Annalee have been so sick. We just can't seem to shake what they have. Violatte missed over a week of school because of a nasty cough and cold and after being back in for a week, she is out again today. Jim was even sick for quite a while. He's finally feeling a lot better.

The one who has had the worst time of it is Annalee. She has been so so sick these last few weeks and it just seems to be getting worse -- not better. We've tried everything I can think of -- tylenol, motrin with cough and cold, and finally, a couple of nights ago I tried Children's Benadryl. It actually was the first night she slept through the night in over two weeks! It was fabulous! We all really needed it! So, now I am beginning to think that she might have some allergies. I know I talked to a friend about her kids having allergies during this time of year -- including dry skin like my girls have. I thought it was just eczema, but now I'm beginning to wonder. I just hope we can figure out what is wrong. So many days she just screams hysterically for hours and I am so worn out I don't know what else to do.

The other thing that helped a lot was a Priesthood Blessing that Jim and some other men in our ward gave her last night. I am so grateful that Jim holds the Priesthood and could give her the blessing! That means so much to me! Even though Annalee screamed the whole blessing, she seemed to be doing so much better the whole evening.

Today we are going to the doctor's office. Hopefully we can figure this out. I just don't know what else to do for these poor girls.

1 comment:

Ratliffs said...

So sorry to hear that things haven't gotten better yet! Hopefully the doctor will be able to give you a little more insight (and maybe even some medicine :D) and make everything better! (At least that's what I hope for...Please let there be something really wrong with them so I can get some medicine for it!!!!!!!!) :D Let me know how things go at the doctors!